Another Breakfast Recipe – very high in protein, delicious and easy! This can also be a decent lunch or dinner if you are ever looking to shake things up. Come on – you know you have eaten eggs for dinner here and there! Now it is an add on! Enjoy.
Serves 2 people
Nutrients: 23 grams Protein, 50 grams Carbs, 8 grams Fat, 364 calories
Ingredients: 4 Eggs, 1-2 Spanish Onions, 2 cups Brown Rice, 1 can low sodium organic Black Beans, Salt, Pepper, Smoked Spanish Paprika, Oregano
- Strain Black Beans while running through cold water
- In pan, brown the onions and then add in previously cook brown rice and black beans low to medium heat (Add in spices to taste – I tend to use low salt, more heavy on paprika)
- In another pan, fry eggs, flipped once with a loose yolk (Sprinkle minimal salt, pepper, paprika and oregano)
* as an alternative you can poach eggs.
- place 2 portions of brown rice, black beans, onions on plate (2 portions is roughly the size of 2 decks of cards)
- serve eggs on top of rice mixture
- add low sodium hot sauce to taste
Optional: Add a piece of Pita Bread or small fajita under the rice for additional calories.